With 1,600 scientists worldwide studying molecular hydrogen, the current number of 600 published studies and reviews is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years. At this time, the scientific community has indicated that molecular hydrogen could be beneficial in more than 170 diseases and for every organ in the human body.
Here are some of the scientifically accepted benefits of including H2 in your diet:
• H2 neutralizes/reduces the most harmful free radical (hydroxyl radical), converting it to water according to the reaction: H2 + 2*OH -> 2H2O. The human body is unable to do this on its own.
• The byproduct formed when H2 neutralizes a hydroxy radical is water, while other antioxidants must either be neutralized as they become free radicals themselves after donating their electrons, or they must be removed entirely from the body.
• H2 does not neutralize other free radicals which are required by the body for normal function. This may not be the case for other antioxidants.
• H2 reduces oxidative stress by reducing the hydroxyl radical, the most damaging free radical our body produces.
• H2 reduces inflammation which is associated with many diseases.
• H2 is the smallest molecule (1/88 the size of Vitamin C) allowing it to be effective in areas such as the mitochondria that other much larger antioxidants and supplements are incapable of reaching.
• H2 helps your body naturally produce (up-regulate) other antioxidants such as glutathione, catalase, and superoxide dismutase.
• H2 helps athletes in numerous ways including reducing lactate (lactic acid) production which can limit performance and training and published studies show H2 helps athletes recover faster from workouts.
• Unlike other antioxidants, no evidence has been found that you can take too much H2.
Blog Quick Links